The Education and Sponsorship Programme
First and foremost Porridge and Rice are an educational charity: we want to help our partners to use education to break the cycle of poverty. We are sponsoring some of the teachers at our partner schools to do a teaching degree. We provide "sponsored" school places for the poorest children in the community by paying their school fees. We passionately believe that a good education should be universally accessible.
- Sponsorship of long term staff through teaching degree
- Sponsorship of poor children at school
- "Teach the teachers" informal programme of teaching teachers on lesson planning, etc
- Reading programme for teachers to help improve standard of written English
- Mathematics programme for teachers to help improve standard of taught Maths